Hello My Friends,
Here we are, Christmas is so close and it’s high time we came up with some creative gift ideas for loved ones, friends and family. Fortunately, I’ve never felt like I don’t know what to give someone for a certain occasion but it’s not always easy to find something that’s personal, useful and even creative. For times when you have absolutely no clue what to do, here are three, delicious gifts in a jar that you can make in absolutely no time, that fit into a relatively small budget, and that even helps recycling.
Recipe #1 Nuttastic Granola
-260 g rolled oats (don’t use instant oats)
-200 g crunchy peanut butter at room temperature
-100 g maple syrup
-1 cup almonds (crushed)
-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the rolled oats, crushed almonds, dried cranberries, maple syrup and peanut butter. If you find that the peanut butter is too thick, put it into the microwave for a minute so it melts enough so it incorporates with the other ingredients.
- Spread out your granola mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure you spread the granola out evenly.
- Put it in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until it’s beautiful, golden brown.
- Let it cool down completely and transfer into a mason jar. Decorate the jar with stickers or festive ribbons however you like. it’s up to your imagination. 🙂
Recipe #2 Gingerbread Spice Nuts
-400 g mixed nuts
-50 g brown sugar
-2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 egg white
- Preheat your oven at 140 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the egg white until lightly foamy and bubbly.
- To the egg white add the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix until everything is incorporated and the mixture is syrupy.
- To the sugar and spice mixture add the nuts and using a spatula fold them into the sugary sauce until every bit is coated.
- Spread the nuts out on a baking sheet lined with parchment and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes go ahead and move the nuts around with a spoon and then roast them for an additional 5 minutes on 160 degrees Celsius .
- Let them cool completely and then place them into your jar of goodness.
Recipe #3 Bacon Jam
-500 g bacon chopped into small cubes
-1 medium red onion chopped
-1 clove of garlic chopped
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1/2 tsp mustard seeds
-1/2 tsp oregano
- In a frying pan fry the bacon until all the fat comes out. Be careful: you want the bacon to be golden brown and crispy but not burnt so temperature is key! Use medium-high heat. Transfer fried bacon onto a paper towel and leave the fat behind.
- To the pan filled with bacon fat add the red onion and garlic. Fry them until they’re lightly browned and soft.
- Add the spices, the balsamic and the maple syrup. Let the mixture bubble up for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer everything into a food processor and pulse the mixture for about 30 seconds. It’s going to become a slightly chunky spread which makes it really rustic and a bomb of flavours.
- Let it cool completely and transfer it into a smaller jar. Then you’re all ready to decorate and enjoy!
I hope you found these quick foodie gift ideas helpful! Have fun preparing for the Holiday! I’ll be back soon!
Love and hugs,